Baby Steps Add Up

I am starting to use capital letters at last.  Plus I had enough strength in my right hand to finally cut my finger nails – they have gotten much longer than usual and they were driving me nuts.  It was harder to do things with them long.  And I was able to actually reach across and put deodorant under my left arm.  That may be TMI for some.

Wednesday I see the orthopedic surgeon – that will be 5 weeks, with 3 more to go.  I am still limited in being able to do things – I will admit to being scared to move the arm too far because I don’t want to mess it up in any way.  I am also tired of having to wear the sling all the time.  Small things I know – on the whole I am doing well and am so grateful and thankful for all that Eddie does for me.  He has always been a treasure, this has taken it to another level.

We had a good rain and even stronger blowing winds – some people were without electricity yesterday.  We had ours go off, then come back on, then go off for maybe 15 or 30 minutes.  We saw a lot of leaves and branches down, some large branches broken and hanging in the tree.  We did our stuff and came home by 1 – windy and rainy isn’t our favorite weather to be out.

I still spend a lot of time sleeping or feeling sleepy – I am ready for a nap now and it is only after 11 a.m.  I had a shower this morning and washed my hair, I can’t have a nap or it will look all wonky.  I was telling Eddie when he was helping me with my shower, I am so glad we have a stall shower instead of a tub.

It is a really good time to catch up on my reading, the only problem is I don’t feel like it and it is hard to focus on it.  That was they way I was in rehab, books to read and no interest in them.   Strange because reading is such a great pleasure.

I can feel this in my upper right arm, so it will be short this time..

One Response to “Baby Steps Add Up”

  1. Charlotte Trayer Says:

    So glad to hear you are making progress! With a break like that, it doesn’t happen all at once, that is for sure.

    We were without power for 25 hours, starting about 12:30 on Sat. I was out at the fairgrounds then, and we were fine there. Up here, though, there were spotty outages all over. Made traveling down Hwy. 99 interesting…..NOT! It took 45 minutes to get from the Denny’s on 196th (near Olive Garden) to the one down on the county line….and then that one had no power, and was closed!

    We are Still waiting for our cable to come back up.

    love, Char

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: