Going Into Week 6


I saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday – he said the x-ray of my bone is a little fuzzy.  That means the bone is healing.  He says it is tenuous at the moment, I am hoping it will keep getting stronger and stronger.  He had given me three exercises last time – 2 are easy, the third is isometric and hurts.  So he said not to do the 3rd one.  He also said in about 2 weeks it shouldn’t hurt; I am all for that.  Sometimes it feels as if it is taking forever, other times it is hard to believe it has been 5 weeks already no doubt because I am looking back.

The biggest frustration – besides not being able to do much or drive – is dealing with the orthopedic surgeon’s office.  I couldn’t make them understand State Farm is my primary insurance, auto and Medicare supplement – they kept saying they don’t bill 3rd party insurance in the case of an auto accident.  The fact is was an auto accident seem to cancel anything else I said.  I talked to the person in billing and explained I had Personal Injury Protection with my insurance – still didn’t register.  She said they didn’t have a signed consent form from me to bill the insurance company or  release records to them.  Finally she said she would sent me the proper form to sign and I could send it back.

What has been happening is I have had to pay to see the doc each time – then it turns out my visit costs more.  We have paid with a credit card and now the bill has come – still trying to get them to reimburse us for what we have paid out-of-pocket.  At least this time they didn’t make us pay and they asked for Medicare and Medicare supplement cards – so we will see what happens next.


Eddie has been looking at cars  to replace my Versa; he has pretty much decided on a Subaru Imprezza with all wheel drive.

We went a couple of weeks ago to see it and I had a chance to sit in it – I liked it but since I can’t drive, I don’t know how it will handle for me.    Eddie had been to the other branch of the dealer and talked to a young salesmen and when he decided to buy, he was going to deal with the young man.  I asked about Leighton, he was great and I really liked him, so Eddie played the 2 against each other and Leighton did a better job.

Friday was a very lethargic day, I didn’t want to get up in the morning, so stayed in bed as long as I could until I just had to get up to go tot he bathroom.  That night I had such a hard time going to sleep and didn’t really sleep very well.  Plus I slept or at least lay on my left side and when I got up, my right hip hurt – felt like the sciatic nerve in the middle of my right bun had a knife in it.  Needless to say, I was very uncomfortable walking.

However, we were going down to pick up my new silver car.  Since I couldn’t drive, Leighton would drive it home for us and Eddie would take him back to the dealership in Ballard.  I rode with Leighton to see how it all worked, he synced my phone for me and showed me how things worked.  We programmed some of the radio stations I like and I saw how to do a CD.  Unfortunately there isn’t a CD changer – I can live with that.  I am going to have to read the Quick Reference Guide to see just what is where and how it all works.

I was concerned about insurance for the car, so I called Vickie to see what needs to done.  It was so simple, she reinstated the Versa insurance and because it is a replacement car, it is good for 30 days.  Tuesday Eddie will call her and give her the VIN # and then it will be in the Subaru’s name.

After Eddie came back, we took it to go for coffee and some groceries.  Then I had that sudden hip pain – left side – that says it is going to rain.  I wondered – didn’t look as if there was any coming.  By evening I was miserable, my shoulders hurt and both hips bothering me.  Not my preferred state of body.

I slept will last night and my left hip doesn’t hurt – it rained in the night – and my right bun is much more comfortable.  No idea if it will again or not.  We have been waiting for Jorge and his guys to come and mow the lawn – or should I say dandelions – for several days.  We have noticed everyone in the neighborhood has a lawn full of them.

Hmmmm, I am amazed I was able to write this much; I find more and more small increments of progress and I am very glad.  I will take pictures of my car so you can see it.


4 Responses to “Going Into Week 6”

  1. Charlotte Trayer Says:

    Glad to hear you are slowly improving, Liz. Congrats on the new car, too!

    I hope the orthopedic office finally got your insurance stuff straightened out–what a pain!

    I’ve come down with a terrible cold, so am heading back to bed shortly. Talk to you later. love, Char

    • Lee Kaplanian Says:

      Thank you so much. One day I will give you a ride in my car. As for the doc – only time will tell – possibly the bills coming here. They had the audacity to send us a bill for something we have already paid!

      I am sorry to hear you have a cold – all the work you did at the Fair must have taken a toll on you. This is the weather to be tucked up in bed – take good care of yourself.

  2. Charlotte Trayer Says:

    Thanks LIz. I did go to the doc–it’s ear/sinus infection, so antibiotics again. Well, it Has been about 3 months since the last one!!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: